Friday, April 24, 2015

Crafty Crowns!


Hello my crafty friends!  Hope you are all crafting your little hearts out and getting inspiration from the beautiful spring weather most of us have been enjoying!  I know I have!  All year long I am working on getting my beautiful and whimsical goods ready for the holiday shows.  One of the cute little critters I make is my Snowball Kings.  White, sparkly puffs of snow with  a clay carrot nose (I make), 2 beady eyes (actual black beads) and a spritz of silvery garland,  sitting atop a vintage silverplate goblet.  And just what makes them royalty?  A gorgeous, glitzy crown perched on top of their heads!!  Today I want to share with you just how I create these beautiful crowns.  First, lets have a look at some of these beauties:

 Pretty cute, huh?  First you'll need some supplies:
The crowns are made from a 2" long section of chipboard tube.  You can use a paper towel core or if you have no objections....a toilet paper core.  I use the paper towel core of course but either works!
Cut a piece of decorative paper 2" by 6" long.  Brush Mod Podge onto the outer surface of the tube and quickly glue on your paper so that the decorative image is on the outside.  Allow to dry.
Paint the interior surface of the chipboard core using a coordinating color.  Allow to dry.
Using a pencil, draw guidelines onto the paper to represent the points of your crown.
With scissors, cut the tips along the pencil lines.  Erase any stray marks with a white plastic eraser.
Apply glitter glue in a coordinating color along the edges of the points.
BEFORE the glitter glue dries, sprinkle fine glitter on top of it.  This creates a really sparkly look.  Allow to dry.
Cut a piece of rhinestone chain approximately 5 1/4" long and adhere to the bottom edge of the crown using Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive.  Allow to dry.
And that's it!  You now have the cutest little crown that can be used in lots of  charming ways.  
Take a look:

Glue them onto headbands for a festive one-of-a-kind crown!
                                          Create a lovely place card holder

And of course....they top off my sweet little Snowball Kings!
 
   I hope you enjoy making these fun little crowns as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment