Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Paint Chips.....who knew?

Well, I am one busy lady these days. I have my blog and my little crafty business "A Vintage Mouse".  I teach scrapbooking at the local big box craft store (not allowed to say which one but if the letter "M" pops into your mind, go with it :)))  I also sell Close to my Heart (sandyholly.ctmh.com).  I love their products but enjoy creating my own designs with them. Recently, as I was noodling around ideas for a CTMH card workshop I was going to host, the hubby reminded me we needed to pick out paint for a sweet little table I picked up for a song.  Now, I would rather eat a bug than follow my hubby around in a hardware store, but since the paint was for me, I was stuck. Let me tell you, there are a bzillion shades of white (for the table) and picking the right one was nearly impossible, because I couldn't take my eyes off all the gorgeous colors in front of me!!  With irresistible names like French Riviera (teal) and Two to Tango (orange) I was completely smitten!  Wait a minute, I thought, this is just what I need to give my cards a real punch!  With a can of Antique White in the cart and my purse stuffed with paint chip lusciousness, we headed home.  After completing my card designs, I set about creating kits for them.  This makes it so much easier for the customers to deal with.



So proud of myself!  I actually set up the paint chips to cut on the Cricut for this card!  Very helpful since I was planning to make 7 kits for the workshop.  I used Make the Cut to set this up, but Cricut Craft Room would work too. 
 
I was a bit worried how they would cut with the Cricut, but the paint didn't chip and since they're about the same thickness as cardstock, they cut just fine. And they stuck to the mat really well!
Here they are!  Whatcha think?  I can't wait to try them on other projects!  But I think I better wait a bit before I raid the paint aisle again ;)  I think they need to re-stock :))
(Four cards have the paint chips) 
P.S.  Be sure to visit my Close to my Heart web page.  You'll see  some awesome stuff! Plus, you can order right off my page!  http://sandyholly.ctmh.com/
 








No comments:

Post a Comment